To setup a training session please feel free to email Matt at firstname.lastname@example.org, and let’s get your training on the right track.
Sam is Defender Outdoors Shooting Center resident competitive shooter. He has a passion for developing new shooters into the caliber they desire to achieve. Sam desires to work with all ages and varying talents of those who wish to take their knowledge of firearms to the next level. Sam is a top ranked shooter within the IDPA circle and has a wealth of knowledge to help any shooter looking to get into competitive shooting or just looking at getting started. Sam is passionate about training individuals who are concerned about defending themselves and those who are new to shooting sports.
Sam desires to take everyone of his students through a proven sequence of training to help them understand the safety, responsibility and fundamentals of firearms shooting. Within his one-hour training sessions he ensures each student receives the information and confidence needed. After some classroom time he moves to the range to teach and improve the individuals shooting skills. Here he focuses on the big fours fundamentals of shooting – sight picture & alignment, grip & trigger control, stance and finally breath control. Additionally, Sam will work with students to understand and know how to clear malfunctions as well as keeping your firearm clean.
- Comp-Tac Republic of Texas 2016 State Match – 2nd Place
- The Silver Dollar Championship 2016 – 3rd Place
- Blade Tech Lonestar IDPA Championship 2016 – 5th Place
- Blade Tech Lonestar IDPA Championship 2015 – 3rd Place
- 2015 IDPA World Championship – 4th Place
- Comp-Tac 2015 Republic of Texas IDPA Championship – 8th Place
- Silver Dollar Championship 2015 – 7th Place
- NRA Range Safety Officer
- NRA Certified Instructor: Home Firearm Safety
- NRA Certified Instructor: Basic Pistol
- NRA Certified Instructor: Personal Protection in the Home
- NRA Basics & Advanced Personal Protection Outside the Home
Areas of Private Instruction:
- Gun fitting / Right Gun for Right Purpose / Shooting Competitive
- Fire Control Triangle – Grip, Platform & Trigger
- Reactive Shooting Cycle – How to Analyze Your Shooting
- Advanced Visual Concepts – Speed up First Shot Target Acquisition
- Multiple Target Engagement
- How to Practice, What to Practice